Please note that the below FAQs relate to Sominex tablets.
1. Are Sominex tablets right for me?
It’s important to make sure Sominex tablets is your best option. Check with your doctor if you:
- have a medical condition
- have any allergies
- are taking any other medication
- are pregnant
- have a head injury
- suffer continuous sleeplessness
2. What’s in Sominex tablets?
It contains Promethazine Hydrochloride, an antihistamine that can make you sleepy.
3. How fast does it work?
You may start to feel drowsy within 15-30 minutes.
4. Is it addictive?
Sominex tablets treats temporary sleeplessness and shouldn’t be used for more than 7 days.
5. Where can I buy Sominex tablets?
You can find it at most pharmacies and supermarkets.
6. Are there any side effects?
Like all medicines, Sominex tablets can have side effects. If you notice any of the following, stop using it and tell your doctor straightaway:
- Difficulty breathing, swelling of your mouth or skin, vomiting or stomach pain
- Yellowing of your skin or eyes
- Palpitations or abnormal heart rhythm
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Blurred or reduced vision or pain in your eye
- Listlessness and lack of energy
- Ulcers in your mouth and throat, high temperature and bruising
For a full list of possible side effects, check the information provided with your medicine.